Avocado Breakfast Bruschetta
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil (plus 2 tbsp. for garnish)
- 4 eggs (hard-boiled)
- 12 slices whole-wheat baguette bread
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese (reduced fat)
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Dice avocado, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Peel and chop hard-boiled eggs.
- Reserving 2 tbsp. basil for garnish, gently toss first five ingredients in a small bowl. Add pepper to taste.
- Toast baguette slices and smear with ricotta cheese.
- Top with avocado mix and garnish with chopped basil.
Serving Suggestions: Serve 3 slices with an 8-ounce glass of fat-free (skim) milk and fruit for a more complete meal.
Serves 4. Ready in 20 minutes.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 340, Protein 17g, Carbohydrate 32g,Total Fat 17g (4g saturated), Cholesterol 190mg, Sodium 434mg
Posted on Thu, August 2, 2018
by Angel Dale