- 5 (5.5") corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernal corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 10 tablespoons refrigerated fresh salsa
- 5 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup (3 ouces) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat tortillas with cooking spray; place on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10-minutes or until crisp, turning after 7 minutes.
- While tortillas bake, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper, and sauté for 4 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Stir in beans and next 7 ingredients. Cook 2 minutes.
- Place tortillas on plates. Top each tortilla with about 1/2 cup bean mixture, 1/4 cup lettuce, 2 tablespoons salsa, 1 tablespoon sour cream, about 2 tablespoons cheese, and 1 teaspoon cilantro.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size 1 tostada)
Calories 194, Fat 3.9g, Protein 9.8g, Carb 31g, Fiber 5.3g, Cholesterol 6mg, Iron 1.3mg, Sodium 535 mg, Calcium 140mg
Recipe Source: Cooking Light: Complete Meals in Minutes: Great Recipes in 15, 20, 30 Minutes
**Note: To save time, buy prechopped onion and bell pepper, as well as a bag of preshredded lettuce.
Cooking for a crowd? Try this recipe as a dip and serve with tortilla chips (try multi-grain).
Posted on Wed, October 26, 2016
by Angel Dale filed under