- 2 ups dry whole-wheat bowtie pasta (farfalle)--8 ounce
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (about 1/2 clove)
- 8 ounce white button mushrooms, rinsed and quartered
- 4 cups cooked broccoli florets (or 1 pound bag frozen broccoli, thawed).
- 1 cup grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced (about 2 small breasts)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium lemon, rinsed for 1 teaspoon zest and 1 Tablespoon juice (use a grater to take off a thin layer of skin off the lemon; squeeze juice and set aside).
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, diced (or substitute Parmesan or mozzarella)
- In a 4-quart saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add pasta, and cook based on package directions. Drain.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until soft, but not browned (about 30 seconds).
- Add mushrooms and heat until lightly browned and soft.
- Add broccoli, diced chicken, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 3 minutes, until the broccoli and chicken are heated through.
- Add pasta, and toss gently. Continue to simmer until pasta is hot, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add lemon zest and juice. Toss gently.
- Serve 2 cups of pasta and sauce per portion. Top each portion with 1 1/2 Tablespoons feta cheese.
Note: Serve this with a fruit. Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 421, Protein 36g, Carbohydrate 49g, Total Fat 10g, Sodium 285mg, Fiber 8g
Source: Keep the Beat Recipes: Deliciously Healthy Family Meals
Posted on Fri, April 1, 2016
by Angel Dale filed under