- 8 ounces uncooked small elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 1/4 c prechopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar of tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook pasta using package directions, without salt and oil. Drain and keep warm.
- While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, onion, and garlic; cook 6 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain, if needed, and return beef mixture to pan.
- Add pasta sauce to beef mixture; cook 2 minutes or until hot. Stir in pasta and 1/2 cup cheese; cook 1 minute or until cheese melts. Remove from heat; sprinkle with the other 1/2 cup cheese.
Note: Serve this with a fruit and more veggies. Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 258, Protein 20.4 g, Carbohydrate 30.9 g, Cholesterol 38 mg, Total Fat 6.9 g, Sodium 324 mg, Fiber 2.8 g
Source: Cooking Light Complete Meals in Minutes
Posted on Thu, September 1, 2016
by Angel Dale filed under