Chicken With Mushroom Sauce
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots (or 1/4 cup finely chopped onion)
- 1 (8-ounce) package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or use 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 teaspoon dried thyme
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound to 1/2-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
Add shallots and mushrooms to pan; sauté for 4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in lemon juice, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid almost evaporates. Sprinkle mushroom mixture with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Add broth to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove pan from heat; add butter and thyme, stirring until butter melts. Serve with chicken. Add a vegetable and a fruit for a complete meal!
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 290, Protein 42.1g, Carbohydrate 5.5g,Total Fat 10.5g, Sodium 526mg, Fiber 0.8g
Click here for a printable version.
Posted on Wed, February 1, 2017
by Angel Dale filed under