Creamy Cavatelli Pasta with Braised Pork, Shishito Peppers & Basil
- 8 ounces cavatelli or other whole grain pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 cloves black garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped shishito or other sweet chili peppers
- 2 cups shredded braised pork
- ½ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes, garlic and black garlic. Cook, stirring, until the tomatoes start to soften, 2 to 4 minutes. Add peppers; cook, stirring, until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in the pasta, pork and ½ cup cooking water. Cook, stirring gently, until coated, about 2 minutes, adding more cooking water as needed.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil, mayonnaise, vinegar and salt. Toss to evenly coat.
Ready in 25 minutes. Makes 5 servings.
Nutrients Per 1-cup serving: 506 calories; 26 g fat(6 g sat); 3 g fiber; 41 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 18 mcg folate; 61 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1,730 IU vitamin A; 27 mg vitamin C; 60 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 466 mg sodium; 551 mg potassium
Source: Eating Well http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/274157/creamy-cavatelli-pasta-with-braised-pork-shishito-peppers-basil/
For a complete MyPlate meal, add a salad and a serving of fruit!
Posted on Mon, July 1, 2019
by Angel Dale filed under