- 4 Teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups frozen hash browns (or precooked shredded potatoes--see ingredients notes)
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach
- 4 large eggs
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Layer hash browns and spinach into the pan. Crack egg on top and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until the hash browns are starting to brown on the bottom, the egg is set and the cheese is melted (5-7 minutes).
- Shredded potatoes can be found in the refrigerated produce section or dairy section of most supermarkets.
- You can lessen the fat, cholesterol and sodium content in this recipe by removing the cheese.
Note: Serve this with a fruit and more veggies. Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 226, Protein 14g, Carbohydrate 11g, Cholesterol 200mg, Total Fat 15, Sodium 370mg, Fiber 3g
Ready in 10 minutes. Serves 4.5
For a printable copy, click here.
Posted on Sat, April 1, 2017
by Angel Dale filed under