- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 C onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh asparagus pieces
- 1/2 cup canned or frozen artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas, strings pulled and cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup egg substitute or 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp plain yogurt, low-fat
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a skillet and cook the onion 2 or 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in the asparagus, artichoke hearts, peas, basil and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until tender but slightly crisp, 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Beat the egg substitute or eggs with yogurt and another pinch of pepper.
- Heat the remaining oil in an oven-safe heavy-bottom skillet. Pour in the egg mixture and cook until just set on the bottom, but still wet on top, 1 minute.
- Scatter the vegetables over the top and set into the oven to finish cooking, 2 minutes.
- Dust the top with Parmesan cheese, cut into wedges and serve.
Nutrients Per Serving (yields 2 servings): Calories 126, Carbohydrate 11g, Fiber 2g, Protein 14g, Total Fat 3g (1g saturated), Cholesterol 4mg, Sodium 388mg
For a complete MyPlate meal, add a whole grain and a serving of fruit!
Posted on Mon, June 10, 2019
by Angel Dale filed under