Healthy Chicken Nachos
- 2 limes
- 2 adobe chilies in sauce (comes in a can in the Mexican Food section of the grocery store)
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 4 skinless & boneless grilled chicken breast halves
- Tortilla chips
- Grated Mozzarella & Parmesan Cheese mix
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans—drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced (1/4 of a medium sized onion)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, rinsed
- 1 jalapeño pepper or serrano chili, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro—chopped
- Add all ingredients in a blender and process until completely blended.
- In a medium bowl, tear chicken into smaller pieces, pour chipotle sauce over chicken and stir to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- On a baking sheet, spread out tortilla chips and top with cheese (about 2 Tablespoons). Place in oven for 1 minute to melt cheese. Remove.
- Evenly spread out chicken, black beans, corn, red onion, jalepeno and avocado over nachos.
- Place back in oven to warm all your ingredients, about a minute.
- Remove and top with cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 249, Protein 24g, Carbohydrate 18g, Total Fat 9g, Fiber 6mg, Cholesterol 44mg, Sodium 85mg
Source: Adapted from www.ahealthylifeforme.com/healthy-chicken-nachos/
For a printable version, click here.
Posted on Mon, May 1, 2017
by Angel Dale filed under