Honey, Asian Tuna & Pineapple Pasta
- 6 whole-grain lasagna noodles
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks (juice packed)
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 (8-ounce) package frozen chopped green peppers and onions
- 1 (6-ounce) can white albacore tuna in water
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain; let cool. Cut lasagna noodles in half crosswise, then cut each half into long thin strips; set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the reserved pineapple juice, the soy sauce, honey and cornstarch; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green peppers and onions. Cook 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple juice mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in lasagna noodle strips, pineapple chunks and tuna. Cook and gently stir until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 248, Protein 15g, Carbohydrate 40g, Fiber 5g, Total Fat 4g (1g saturated), Cholesterol 16mg, Sodium 427mg
Serves 4 (1 1/4 cup servings) Ready in 25 minutes
Source: Eating Well http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/267454/honey-asian-tuna-pineapple-pasta/?did=345401-20190227&utm_campaign=daily-h_newsletter&utm_source=eatingwell.com&utm_medium=email&utm_content=022719&cid=345401&mid=18913644256
Find more MyPlate tips and solutions by visiting www.choosemyplate.gov/dietaryguidelines
Posted on Mon, June 10, 2019
by Angel Dale filed under