Jambalaya Sausage Kebabs
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled, cored and cut into large bite-size chunks
- 3 bell peppers, any color, cored and cut into large bite-size chunks
- 7 ounces smoked sausage, cut into 24-inch rounds
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Whisk garlic, vinegar, Creole seasoning, oil, celery seed and salt in a large bowl. Add onion and peppers and toss to combine, trying to keep onions in chunks if possible.
- Thread onion, peppers and sausage alternately onto 8 skewers, filling the skewers evenly.
- Oil the grill rack and immediately add the kebabs. Cook, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until heated through, the vegetables are tender and the sausage is browned, 10 to 12 minutes total. Transfer the kebabs to a serving platter, cover with foil or an inverted rimmed baking sheet and let rest for a 4 to 5 minutes before serving.
Tips: To make your own Creole seasoning, mix 1/2 teaspoon each ground sage, dry thyme, paprika and gumbo filé powder.
Serves 4. Ready in 30 minutes.
Serving Size: 2 kebabs Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 213, Protein 8g, Carbohydrate 30g, Total Fat 13g (5g saturated), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 617mg
Posted on Mon, July 2, 2018
by Angel Dale