- 10 6-inch tortillas
- 2 cups canned low-sodium black beans, rinsed
- 4 cups chunky tomato sauce (try homemade)
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 bag (10 ounces) baby spinach leaves, rinsed
- 2 cups grilled chicken, diced (feel free to use leftovers)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or substitute 1 teaspoon dried coriander)
- Preaheat oven to 400° F.
- Lightly spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray. Place two to three corn tortillas on the bottom, trimming as needed for a good fit.
- Add beans, 1 cup tomato sauce, and 1/2 cup grated cheese. Top with two more corn tortillas.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce, spinach, and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with two more corn tortillas.
- Add chicken and 1 cup tomato sauce. Top with two more corn tortillas.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce, 1/2 cup cheese, and cilantro.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and browned, and chicken is reheated.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into eight even squares, and serve.
Note: Serve this with a fruit and more veggies. Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 304, Protein 23g, Carbohydrate 31g, Cholesterol 52mg, Total Fat 10g, Sodium 275mg, Fiber 6g
Source: Keep the Beat Recipes: Deliciously Healthy Family Meals
Click here for a printable version.
Posted on Sun, January 1, 2017
by Angel Dale filed under