Mozzarella, Basil, & Zucchini Frittata
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 C thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 C chopped zucchini
- 7 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 C pearl-size or baby fresh mozzarella balls (about 4 ounces)
- 3 Tbsp chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes (or try fresh tomatoes)
- 1/4 C thinly sliced fresh basil
- Position oven rack in upper third of oven. Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in a large broiler-safe nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and zucchini and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Pour the eggs over the vegetables in the pan. Cook, lifting the edges to allow uncooked egg from the middle to flow underneath, until nearly set, about 2 minutes. Arrange mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes on top and place the skillet under the broiler until the eggs are slightly browned, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Let stand for 3 minutes. Top with basil.
- To release the frittata from the pan, run a spatula around the edge, then underneath, until you can slide or lift it out onto a cutting board or serving plate. Cut into 4 slices and serve.
Serving size: 1 slice
Per serving: 292 calories; 21g fat(7 g sat); 2g fiber; 8g carbohydrates; 18g protein; 346 mg cholesterol; 4g sugars; 513mg sodium
Posted on Tue, September 26, 2017
by Angel Dale filed under