- 1 1/2 lbs chuck steak (boneless, 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp dry or prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cut the beef on a diagonal, across the grain into slices 1 inch wide and place in a slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the meat.
- Mix the meat and sauce together.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 5 hours.
- Serve on toasted whole grain hamburger buns with a mixed green salad.
Vinegar, brown sugar, and garlic come together to give this slow cook beef barbecue a sweet and tangy flavor. Serve with a side salad!
Nutrients Per Serving (yields 5 servings): Calories 206, Carbohydrate 11, Fiber 0g, Protein 28g, Total Fat 5g (2g saturated), Cholesterol 71mg, Sodium 343mg
For a complete MyPlate meal, add a whole grain and a serving of fruit!
Walk. Run. Dance. Play. Invite others to join you!
Everyone needs physical activity to stay healthy. But it can be hard to find time in your busy routine. Visit health.gov/MoveYourWay/#adults to find tools, videos, fact sheets that make it easier to get a little more active. Small changes add up to big health benefits. No matter who you are, you can find safe, fun ways to get active—to move your way.
Posted on Mon, June 10, 2019
by Angel Dale filed under