Slow-Cooked Stuffed Peppers
- 4 medium sweet red peppers (try other colors, too)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained (try no or low sodium)
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup uncooked converted long grain rice
- 1 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
Serves 4. 15 minutes prep time. 3-4 hours cook time.
1. Cut and discard tops from peppers; remove seeds. In a large bowl, mix beans, cheese, salsa, onion, corn, rice, chili powder, and cumin. Spoon into peppers. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
2. Cook, covered, on low until peppers are tender and filling is heated through, 3-4 hours. If desired, serve with sour cream.
Nutrients Per Serving (1 stuffed pepper): Calories 317, Protein 15g, Carbohydrate 43g, Fiber 8g, Total Fat 10g (5g saturated), Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 565mg
Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies for a complete meal.
Source: Taste of Home
Click here for printable recipe card.
Posted on Thu, December 27, 2018
by Angel Dale