Spinach Salad with Steak & Blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries—divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts—toasted (see tips)
- 3 Tablespoons fruity vinegar, such as raspberry
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallot or green onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt—divided
- 3 Tablespoons walnut oil or canola oil
- 1 pound sirloin or strip steak (trimmed and cut 1-1 1/4 inches thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the Grill to Medium
- Pulse 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup walnuts, vinegar, shallot, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor to form a chunky paste. With the motor running, add oil until blended. Transfer the dressing to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle steak with pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Oil the grill rack (see tips). Grill the steak about 4 minutes per side for medium rare, 6 minutes per side for medium. Let rest on a clean cutting board for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Divide the spinach among the 4 plates. Thinly slice steak crosswise. Top the spinach with steak, feta, and remaining blueberries and walnuts.
- To toast chopped nuts, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned. 2 to 4 minutes.
- To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill).
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 390, Protein 29g, Carbohydrate 11g, Total Fat 26g, Fiber 3mg, Cholesterol 68mg, Sodium 475mg
Posted on Fri, September 1, 2017
by Angel Dale filed under