Summer Chicken Salad
- 1 can canned chicken (drained, about 12 ounces)
- 3 Tablespoons mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 cup apples (diced)
- 1/4 cup raisins (substitute grapes for a refreshing flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons parsley or cilantro (chopped, optional)
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- In a large blow, combine chicken, mustard, honey, and apples. Mix well.
- Sprinkle raisins and pepper on top of salad. If using parsley or cilantro, add that too.
- Serve on lettuce or on a slice of whole wheat bread.
Note: Serve this with a veggie and more fruit. Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 163, Protein 12g, Carbohydrate 26g, Cholesterol 25mg,Total Fat 2g, Sodium 409mg, Fiber 3g
Source: United States Department of Agriculture A Harvest of Recipes with USDA Foods https://whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/recipes/food-distribution-fdd/chicken-salad
Click here for a printable version.
Posted on Thu, June 1, 2017
by Angel Dale filed under