Sweet Potatoes with Warm Black Bean Salad
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Prick sweet potatoes with a fork in several places. Microwave on High until tender all the way to the center, 12 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, place in a baking dish and bake 425ºF oven until tender all the way to the center, about 1 hour).
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwaveable bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, oil, cumin, coriander, and salt; microwave on High until just heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. (Alternatively, heat in a small saucepan over medium heat).
- When just cool enough to handle, slash each sweet potato lengthwise, press open to make a well in the center and spoon the bean mixture into the well. Top each with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Nutrients Per One Cup Serving: Calories 253, Protein 9g, Carbohydrate 43g, Total Fat 6g, Fiber 10mg, Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 575mg, Potassium 981mg
Posted on Fri, December 1, 2017
by Angel Dale filed under