Terrific Tuna Casserole
10 minutes to prep; 15 minutes to cook. Serves 6-8
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta (rotini or shells work best)
- 1 (10-ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna packed in water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 Tablespoons margarine
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice whole wheat bread-torn into pieces
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- While the pasta is boiling, in a large casserole dish, combine the cream of chicken soup, tuna, cheese, peas, milk, 2 tablespoons margarine, onion and garlic powders, salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, add it to the casserole dish, and stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan over moderate heat, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon margarine. Add the bread pieces and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Add the toasted bread to the top of the casserole and microwave on high power until heated through, about 6 minutes.
Note: Serve this with a fruit and more veggies. Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 352, Protein 23g, Carbohydrate 37g, Total Fat 13g, Sodium 409mg
Source: Keep the Beat Recipes: Let’s Move https://letsmove.obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/blog/2013/07/08/terrific-tuna-casserole
Click here for a printable version.
Posted on Wed, March 1, 2017
by Angel Dale filed under