- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 baguette (try whole wheat for added health benefits)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped chicken breast or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces small fresh mozzarella balls, sliced into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, prepare the balsamic sauce. Add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Allow the liquid to come to a slight boil. Then reduce to medium heat and allow liquid to simmer for about 25 minutes. Set aside and let cool. NOTE: If the balsamic sauce is too tangy for your taste, you can stir in 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Slice the ends off the baguette. Slice the entire loaf into 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick slices; you should have about 15 slices. Place baguette slices onto prepared baking sheet. Brush bread using 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place into oven, and bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, mix tomatoes, avocado, chicken, 1 Tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- To enjoy right away: Top each baguette slice with tomato mixture. Add basil and mozzarella, then drizzle with balsamic sauce. To pack for later: Separately store bread, tomato mixture, mozzarella and balsamic sauce. Enjoy when ready.
Note: Serve with a side-salad (try 1 cup of baby greens + 2 tbsp. vinaigrette) and fruit.
Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 439 Protein 32 g, Carbohydrate 39 g, Total Fat 18 g, Fiber 5 mg, Cholesterol 12 mg, Sodium 173 mg
Source: My Fitness Pal Online www.myfitnesspal.com/tomato-mozzarella-lunch-bruschetta/
Posted on Sat, October 1, 2016
by Angel Dale filed under