Tuna and Avocado Cobb Salad
- 4 cups red leaf lettuce (rinsed and chopped-about 8 leaves)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole kernal corn (roasted on a pan in the oven at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes)
- 1 cup carrots (shredded)
- 1 tomato-rinsed, halved, and sliced
- 1/2 ripe avocado-peeled and sliced
- 1 cup frozen green peas-thawed
- 1 can (6 oz) canned white albacore tuna in water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (or about 1 fresh lemon)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (or about 1 fresh lime)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley-rinsed, dried, and minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Divide and arrange 2 cups of salad ingredients in each of 4 serving bowls.
- For dressing, combine all ingredients and mix well. Spoon 2 Tbsp over each salad, and serve.
Note: Serve this with a fruit. Fill half your plate with fruits and veggies.
Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 224, Protein 15 g, Carbohydrate 24 g, Total Fat 9 g, Fiber 6 mg, Cholesterol 18mg, Sodium 264 mg
Source: Keep the Beat Deliciously Healthy Family Meals
Posted on Wed, June 1, 2016
by Angel Dale filed under