Turkey Tetrazzini Bake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 ounces multigrain or whole grain bow tie pasta
- 1/3 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pepper stir fry vegetables (green, red, and yellow sweet peppers and onion)
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cut up and softened
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cups chopped turkey breast
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat a 1 1/2-quart baking dish (such as a 9x5x3 loaf pan) with cooking spray; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Set aside. In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add frozen stir fry vegetables and garlic. Cook and stir 4 minutes. Sprinkle flour, thyme, salt, and black pepper over vegetables. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Add evaporated milk and stock. Cook and stir about 4 minutes more, or until boiling and slightly thickened.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add cream cheese and mustard to hot mixture in skillet, stirring until cream cheese melts. Stir in turkey, peas, and cooked pasta. Stir in enough of the reserved cooking water, 1/4 cup at a time, to make desired consistency. Transfer to baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture; coat with cooking spray. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are bubbly and top is browned. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrients Per One Cup Serving: Calories 281, Protein 25g, Carbohydrate 30g, Total Fat 6g, Fiber 3mg,Cholesterol 54mg, Sodium 429mg
For a printable version, click here.
Posted on Wed, November 1, 2017
by Angel Dale filed under